ANNAPOLIS, Md., and DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Feb. 1, 2013 /NEWS.GNOM.ES/ – TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced its expansion into the Middle East region. TeleCommunication Systems is utilizing Connecting Worlds, a Dubai-based company that offers sales extension and virtual branch selling to mobile operators in the Middle East/North Africa region to enhance the global offering of its products and services.
- Connecting Worlds’ Farid Hilal and Nicolas Smayra will be responsible for the sales and marketing of all TeleCommunication Systems products and services in the Middle East. Hilal has a 20-year track record of sales & business management experience with leading international vendors doing business in the Middle East/Africa Region; Smayra has more than a decade of telecom experience at various management levels, including serving as a senior technology manager with Motorola Mobility, a Google company.
- According to Analysys Mason, the Middle East and North Africa telecoms market will experience growth from $70B in 2011 to $96B by 2017, with mobile services accounting for 69 percent of all revenue by 2017.
- For the second consecutive year, TeleCommunication Systems was recognized by analyst firm Frost & Sullivan as providing the industry’s most complete set of solutions for the complex interoperability needed to deliver premium wireless location-based services (LBS).
- ABI Research has identified TeleCommunication Systems as the leading provider of precise location platforms in the world.
- With more than a decade of international deployment experience, TeleCommunication Systems has delivered world-class solutions to more than 50 wireless customers on six continents and is a pioneer provider of wireless 911 solutions, processing almost 50% of U.S. E911 cellular calls (around 150K/day).
- TeleCommunication Systems has provided proven precise location technology for in-network deployments or via world-class hosting solutions, employing different business models and pricing methods to adapt to customers’ specific needs.
- TeleCommunication Systems has also built and launched navigation, people and asset location, and other mapping-based applications in new and emerging global markets.
- Brian McNealy , senior vice president, global commercial sales, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc., said, “As we continue our strategic entry into international markets, we are fortunate to be partnering with Connecting Worlds. Their experience and regional contacts will serve us well in helping to solidify TeleCommunication Systems’ position in the Middle East.”
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is a global leader in high-reliability location-based services. It provides complete, end-to-end wireless LBS solutions that include both branded and private-label applications, infrastructure, mapping and content for leading consumer brands, content providers and voice service providers worldwide. The company provided the world’s first wireless location platform, and it is the industry’s leading provider of LBS infrastructure. It also pioneered the development of several wireless applications, including text messaging, Internet content and hyper-local search, public safety services (E9-1-1, E1-1-2), and other enhanced communication services.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. The company’s infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. It is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use the company’s wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize its cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, the company maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TeleCommunication Systems’ current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.